- The daily bag limit for walleye in Ohio waters of Lake Erie is 4 fish per angler from March 1 through April 30. The minimum size limit for walleye is 15 inches.
- The daily bag limit for yellow perch is 30 fish per angler in all Ohio waters of Lake Erie.
- The trout and salmon daily bag limit is 2 fish per angler. The minimum size limit is 12 inches.
- Black bass (largemouth and smallmouth bass): the daily bag limit is 5 fish per angler with a 14 inch minimum size limit.
Where: Over the past week walleye have been caught from Huron to Cedar Point, and west of both South Bass and Catawba islands.
How: Most fish were caught by trolling with crankbaits, but some have also been caught by vertically jigging.
The Lake Erie water temperature is 39 off Toledo and 35 off Cleveland according to the nearshore marine forecast
Anglers are encouraged to always wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device while on the water.
- Lake Erie Weather Forecast
- Lake Erie boating information, safety tips, and launch ramps
- Boating on Lake Erie
- NOAA Graphical Forecasts
- NOAA CoastWatch
- Michigan State University Satellite Images-Water Temperatures
Water flow and temperature are noted occasionally on the ODNR Division of Wildlife recorded message on current fishing conditions for Lake Erie: 1-888-HOOKFISH.